7.14.2007

I love this...

You know, I'm not really a fan of the Dick Tracy comic strip. I can't help but thinking how far more entertained I would be if they just filled that space with Don Knotts performing various expressions. Honestly, how much story can occur in three panels? I gotta wait an entire day just for Dick to pull into his drive way. And if he's parallel parking? Forget it! That's, like, a week-long epic.

So, combine this with some pretty stiff and dated artwork, and you've got a pretty dull comic. And I'm not the only one who thinks so - apparently Dick Locher, who makes the strip, agrees! Check out today's comic:



I mean, it's like he's just given up with the Dick Tracy storyline altogether and has instead decided to just start killing off random people in a variety of different ways. Now THAT'S entertainment. I honestly could get used to this.

Looks like Mr. Tracy nearly avoids certain doom, yet again.. and it looks like I have to put this back on the shelf...

No comments: