7.18.2007

Have you met the Spud Brothers?

No?



It's the Spuuuuud Brothers!
Spuuuuuuuud Brotherssss!
Brothers in blood
brothers in petty crime!
It's the Spuuuuud Brothers, yeah!

They're kinda like the Hardy Boys, but royally stupid and they commit petty crimes as opposed to solving mysteries. I had half considered making my thesis on these guys in a Saturday morning cartoon style (commercials and accidentally being recorded over by basketball). It's still a possibility. For all I know my advisor will tell me to drop my current idea altogether when I return to school.

The Spud Bros. find themselves in an abandoned building, where they do the natural thing and dare eachother to spit and throw their undies off the balcony. Meanwhile, a disgruntled construction worker (looking like Kirk Douglas) happens to be sitting on the wrong street corner and is spitted and undie-ed. Long story short, he grabs a hold of them and the film turns into a torture flick. Of course, the construction worker takes advice from a sock puppet, who only he perceives as real. And when he breaks out the vegetable peeler... well, it's too gruesome to discuss.

I should probably describe how I ran across these fellows. Well, one night a few months back I was preparing to make some latkes (potato pancakes) for company. I found an old bag o' potates deep in the pantry and decided to finish 'em off. So I stick my hand in there, and when I feel some disturbingly prickley I recoil in horror (and probably scream, I can't remember). What I thought was a hungry rat turned out to be... the Spud Brothers! They've been part of the family ever since.

Anyway, that's it for now...
Spppuuuuuuuuud Brothers!

.Neil.

No comments: